ON SITE GEARBOX INSPECTIONS
Our engineers can visit your site at your convenience and perform a series of checks on a gearbox, which typically would consist of:
• Visual inspection on external condition i.e. signs of oil leaks, cleanliness etc.
• Record all information from Gearbox plate.
• Check oil level, take oil sample and drain remainder of oil from box.
• Remove inspection cover, clean faces and gasket and ensure breather is clear.
• Manually and visually inspect, as far as access allows, all components in the transmission trains, checking for any signs of worn, loose or pitted components.
• Ensure lubricant has been reaching all components including bearings.
• Re-fit inspection cover ensuring gasket is good or re-newed.
• Check and record backlash on output shaft.
• Re-fill with new oil (customer to supply) and turn output shaft 360º ensuring freedom of movement.
A verbal report will be made to the site contact before leaving site, and
a full, hard copy report will follow within 5 working days, including oil sample
analysis test results.